Our Team of immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors can provide the required legal help and assistance with an application for switching into start up visa from inside the UK. As a result of successful application, the applicant will be granted leave to remain for 2 years. In case of switching from Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur to Start Up visa, the permission to stay will be granted for period which combined with previous leave as Tier 1 Graduaate Entrepreneur does not exceed 2 years.

What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Start Up Visa?

To be granted leave as start up migrant under Appendix W, a person must:

  • be at least 18 years old on the date of decision
  • not fail under the General grounds for refusal
  • not fail under a credibility assessment
  • meet the requirements for English language
  • meet the requirements for maintenance funds
  • must not have been in breach of immigration laws, except for any period of overstaying allowed under the Immigration Rules

Credibility Assessment

The Home Office UKVI will not normally need to carry out a credibility assessment for Start-up applications. An endorsing body will already have assessed an applicant’s business plan and Home Office caseworkers are not expected to duplicate that assessment.

A balance of probability test should only be carried out on an application if the Home Office UKVI caseworker has reason to believe that there are specific grounds to doubt start up migrant’s credibility. This power is primarily intended to be used where the Home Office has information that would not otherwise have been considered by an endorsing body when it has assessed start up migrant’s suitability for endorsement.

Who Can Switch Into Start Up Visa From Inside The UK?

Switching into the Start-up category is only allowed if the applicant has, or has last been granted, leave as a:

  • Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) migrant (who has not yet been granted 2 years’ leave in the category)
  • Tier 2 migrant
  • Tier 4 (General) student
  • a visitor who has been undertaking permitted activities as a prospective entrepreneur, as set out in Appendix V

Switching From Tier 4 General Student Visa To Start Up Visa

If the applicant’s last grant of leave was as a Tier 4 (General) Student, they must meet the following criteria:

The applicant must have been sponsored as a Tier 4 (General) Student by one of the following:

  • a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as a higher education institution from one of the following:
    • the Higher Education Funding Council for England
    • the Scottish Funding Council
    • the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
    • the Department of Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland
  • an overseas higher education institution to undertake a short-term study abroad programme in the United Kingdom
  • an Embedded College offering Pathway Courses
  • an Independent School

If the applicant was sponsored for their studies in the UK by a government or international scholarship agency, and the sponsorship is ongoing or ended less than 12 months before the date of application the applicant must:

  • have been granted unconditional written consent to make the application by their sponsoring government or agency
    • provide a letter from each sponsoring organisation confirming this
  • The letter must be issued by an authorised individual of that organisation and contain contact details which allow it to be verified.

Start-up Teams

Applicants do not need to be the sole founder of the business and may be a member of an entrepreneurial team and share the same business idea and plan as another Start-up team member. However, each member of the Start-up team must be issued their own individual endorsement and meet all the other wider requirements of Appendix W in their own right.

Maintenance Funds

The applicants must show they have at least £945 of available funds, plus £630 funds for each dependant maintained in the account for 90 days.

English Language Requirement For Switching Into Start Up Visa

The applicant must have at least a B2 level of English language ability, as defined in the Council of Europe’s common European framework for language and learning.

An applicant satisfies the English language requirement by:

  • being a national of a majority English speaking country
  • passing an English language test
  • holding a degree which is:
    • a UK Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD
    • awarded by an establishment outside of the UK and is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree or a PhD
    • deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a PhD in the UK, and is from an educational establishment in one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and the United States of America
  • The applicant can also meet the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if they have ever been given permission to stay in the UK in one of the following categories:
    • Start up
    • Innovator
    • Tier 1 (General)
    • Tier 1 (Post Study Work)
    • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) under the rules in place before 13 December 2012
    • Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
    • Tier 4 (General), supported by a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies assigned on or after 21 April 2011

Why Sunrise Solicitors For Switching Into Start Up Visa From Inside The UK?

The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for application for switching into start up visa from inside the UK. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration solicitors. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration solicitors in London or Manchester in relation to your application for switching into start up visa from inside the UK and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.

How Much Sunrise Solicitors Charge For Switching Into Start Up Visa From Inside The UK

  • We will charge you a fee from £1,000 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for switching into start up visa from inside the UK. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
  • If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly instalments.
  • The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g.Home Office fee etc.

How Much Is The Home Office UKVI Fee For Switching Into Start Up Visa UK?

The Home Office UKVI fee for switching into innovator visa from inside the UK is £493. Additionally, the applicant will also have to pay a fee of £19.20 towards biometrics enrolment fee.

Enquiry Form

Our Services

We provide specialist legal services from our offices in London, Manchester and Birmingham in following areas of law:

Sunrise Solicitors is the trading name of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd (company registration no. 6405492). Sunrise Solicitors Offices are regulated by SRA under SRA ID 490903 (London Office) and SRA ID 645256 (Manchester Office). Sunrise Solicitors are also members of Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA).

Copyright © 2020 Sunrise Solicitors, All rights reserved